Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hope

"There is hope for your future", declares the Lord. Jeremiah 31:17.

This was a verse from my devotions this morning and did I ever need it. Thanksgiving was painfully hard. We are so VERY thankful that Christian was home with us and still cancer free, but my fathers passing and my mother illness has really taken a tole on me. I am trying to keep reminding myself of how grateful I am for the miracle of Christian's healing. I know two of the families that were with us in the hospital will be going through the holidays without their children and I weep for them when I think of the pain they must be feeling. I struggle with feelings of quilt when we go to clinic and see our cancer friends so sick and we seem to everyone to be so normal now. I don't know if you are ever normal again after being told your child has cancer. The fear that you will hear those devastating words again seem to constantly fill your mind and it is so hard to try and move forward. I am so thankful when God gives me a verse like this one, it reminds me that even though I am having a hard time I can trust and rest in Him. I know its still going to be hard to get through some days but I am thankful for Hope in Christ even if it is through tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment